MetaTrader 4 brokers
Information about brokers offering the use of the MT4 trading terminal. Download from the official website of MetaTrader 4. the Main features of MetaTrader 4, known disadvantages of the program.
Long gone are the days when a broker accepted orders from its clients by phone before opening the exchange, and reported the results in the evening. Of course, this is also possible now, but the main tool of a trader is a trading terminal, that is, a computer program that allows you to see quotes online, build price charts, analyze them, and conduct trading operations yourself. There are many different software products for working on the exchange, but for most private Forex traders, the de facto standard is MetaTrader 4 (abbreviated as MT4). This page shows the rating of brokers offering clients the MT4 trading terminal.
MetaQuotes Software Corp. Released its own trading platform Meta Trader for client-server trading on the Forex market in 2000. Now there is a fifth version of the program, but the most popular and used by most major brokers is the fourth, or MT4. The server part runs on Windows OS, is not available for free distribution, is delivered only on an individual order to licensed companies and costs more than 250 thousand dollars.
The client terminal is distributed free of charge, there are versions for Windows, iOS, Android, and branding options (customizing the design for a specific broker).
Key features of the MetaTrader 4 trading terminal:
- nine standard timeframes from a minute to a month, tick quotes, and price history storage for all instruments;
- a large set of standard technical analysis indicators (more than 50), the ability to import additional ones from public libraries;
- full range of trader's graphical tools, built-in news system for getting fundamental data;
- execution of all main types of orders (pwalking down market and pending), built-in Trailing Stop;
- automatic trading with the help of expert advisors, a system for modeling, testing and statistical analysis of automatic trading systems with optimization functions;
- MQL4 procedural programming language for creating custom scripts, indicators, and trading robots;
- security system for trading operations based on a secure data transfer Protocol between the trader's terminal and the broker's server;
- full support from the open community of traders and programmers on the Internet.
Like any software product, the MetaTrader 4 trading terminal is not without its drawbacks. If you don't go into the subtleties of margin trading, the main ones are:
- no versions for Mac OS and Linux. It is possible to work in emulation mode, but the developer is not responsible for the possible risk;
- you can't use alternative quotes other than those provided by the broker;
- invoices in a currency other than US dollars are not displayed correctly.
Often, the Meta Trader platform is criticized for the fact that the server part has features that allow unscrupulous brokers to deceive clients. At the same time, it is overlooked that any company that offers brokerage services to clients on proprietary platforms can make an arbitrary change in the price for creating "pins" in the software. As M. T. Kalashnikov said,"it's not the weapon that kills, it's the person who kills."
Download MetaTrader 4
You can download the MT4 terminal from your broker with pre-installed settings, or you can download it from the official website.
- Best Forex brokers
- Low spread
- Reliable brokers
- Bonus Deposit
- Offshore brokers
- ECN brokers
- CFD brokers
- Regulated brokers
- Foreign forex brokers
- Affiliate program
- No Deposit bonus
- Brokers for scalping
- Trading robots
- Trading brokers DASH
- FORTS brokers
- Trading brokers Ethereum
- With registration in the Russian Federation
- With a banking license
- Brokers to trade cryptocurrency
- Bitcoin forex trading
- Stock brokers
- All categories