- Types of accounts
- Reviews (0)
IG was founded in the UK in 1974 and is one of the largest CFD brokers in the world. Currently, the company is represented worldwide and has offices in 13 countries located in key financial areas of the world, with headquarters in London (UK) and offices in the USA, Australia, Japan, New Zealand and Singapore.
IG is considered a safe broker because it is listed on the stock exchange, discloses its financial performance, and is subject to top-level regulatory oversight.
Depending on the jurisdiction, the broker is controlled by the following financial regulators:
- United Kingdom – financial conduct authority (FCA) – protection amount 85,000 pounds;
- Germany – Federal financial Supervisory authority (BaFin) – the amount of protection 20 000 euros;
- Switzerland – the Swiss service for supervision of financial markets (FINMA) – the protection amount of 100 000 Swiss francs;
- United States – commodity futures trading Commission (CFTC) and national futures Association (NFA) – no funds protection is provided here and further down the list;
- Australia – Australian securities and investments Commission (ASIC);
- New Zealand – financial market surveillance service (FMA);
- Singapore – monetary authority of Singapore (MAS);
- Japan – financial services Agency (FSA);
- South Africa – the Department of supervision of the financial sector (FSCA);
- UAE – Dubai financial services authority (DFSA);
- For international traders, the Bermuda monetary authority (BMA).
According to regulatory restrictions that were recently introduced in Europe by the ESMA regulator, European traders can use a maximum leverage of up to 1:30, while traders from other countries can apply a leverage of up to 1:200 for Forex instruments.
IG trading accounts
In the IG uses a single account that is opened for a few minutes. A free demo account is also available.
IG offers a wide range of products for online trading, but it is worth noting that the main activity of the broker is CFD contracts. IG was the first Australian CFD provider. In addition, the broker's trading offer applies to currency pairs, commodities, indices, stocks, and cryptocurrencies.
IG presents its own trading platform, which has received many awards and positive feedback from traders. The IG platform is easy to use, has a user-friendly interface and great features for price forecasting, which are appreciated by professional traders.
However, you can still use the popular MetaTrader 4 for Forex trading. MT4 also supports various versions, including WebVersion, Desktop Platform, and Apps.
In addition, all IG platforms are expanded with 18 free add-ons and indicators, Autochartist, technical analysis tools, and a free VPS for expert advisors.
IG broker has no minimum Deposit requirements, as well as no additional Commission for the transferthe water money. However, you should check the trading conditions in the specific jurisdiction, as well as the margin requirements for the instruments you will be trading.
IG group is a major international broker with 40 years of experience. It stands at the origins of the industry and is a very reliable, well-organized and regulated broker. There are not many brokers that can achieve the same high standards of performance as IG.
IG's competitive trading environment offers a wide range of products, its own trading platform, and excellent technical, customer, and regulatory support.
However, you should look at the Forex brokers rating and read the IG reviews to make the final choice.
- The year of Foundation 1974
- Head office address Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill, London EC4R 2YA
- Maximum leverage
- Min. Deposit $
- Regulation FCA, CFTC, NFA, BaFin, ASIC, FINMA
- Trading platform
- Payment system to enter Bank Transfers, Debit/Credit Cards , PayPal, Skrill, Neleller
- Payment system for withdrawal Bank Transfers, Debit/Credit Cards , PayPal, Skrill, Neleller
- Number of trading instruments 100
- The number of CFD instruments 12000
- The number of metals 9